Terpenes in Kush Candles
Terpenes are the essential oils secreted from cannabis that give the plant it’s unique aroma and taste.
Kush Candles are infused with the 4 most commonly found terpenes in cannabis:
- Aroma: earthy, musky, herbal
- Effects: “couch-lock” effect, relaxing
- Most commonly found terpene in cannabis
- Lowers the blood to brain barrier. In the case of consuming cannabis, it allows the THC to take effect more quickly
- Shown to increase the maximum saturation level of your CB1 receptor, leading to much stronger effects of THC.
- Aroma: sweet, floral, herbal
- Effects: calming, relaxing
- Used for centuries as a sleep aid
- Lessens anxious emotions provoked by THC
- Boosts the immune system
- Can significantly reduce lung inflammation
- Aroma: Pine, fir, earthy
- Effects: alertness, memory-aid
- Two types of Pinene (α-pinene and β-Pinene)
- α-Pinene is the most widley found terpene in nature
- Used for years as an anti-cancer agent in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Aroma: strong citrus smell, like lemons and oranges,with notes of sweetness
- Effects: energizing, uplift in mood and attitude
- Highly absorbed through inhalation
- Assists in the absorption of other terpenes